Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Taco Casserole

This was a classic dish my mom always made when I was a kid.  I decided to make it but a little different then how my mom did.

Ingredients:
  1. Ground Turkey (you could use ground beef)
  2. One Chopped Onion
  3. 2 garlic cloves
  4. EVOO
  5. Tortilla Chips (I used multi-grain tortilla chips)
  6. Corn
  7. Kidney Beans
  8. 1 (15oz) Tomato Sauce
  9. 1 (15oz) Stewed Tomatoes
  10. 2 packages of Taco Seasoning
  11. Mixed Cheese
In a large Pan pour some EVOO into the pan, saute the chopped onions and garlic.  Add the ground turkey and cook till done.  Add the Tomato sauce, corn, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and taco seasoning.  Mix all together.

Place the taco mix into a large baking dish.  Crumble the tortilla chips on top and sprinkle on the cheese.  Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.  I accidentally cooked mine for 45 minutes, that's why the cheese is brown.  At least I didn't burn it :)

 Top off with some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.  (I made Ranch sour cream.  Eat and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment