Friday, November 5, 2010

BBQ Ribs with Green Beans

Alright, so I was at Macey's looking at the meats and saw these ribs.  I haven't had ribs forever so I got some.  I have heard a lot of people using coke to cook their meats so I thought I would experiment with coke...
  1. I put the ribs in the crock pot with 1/2 a lt of Coke
  2. Cooked it on high for 4 hours
  3. Grilled the ribs on the BBQ
  4. Brushed them with BBQ sauce

 Dave rated the green beans as a 10 and the ribs...not so good.  The problem was that the ribs I bought were 80% bone, 25% FAT, and 5% meat.  We both thought the taste of the meat was really good but unfortunately the quality of the ribs were horrible.  So next time I would make this I would get better ribs, maybe pork instead of beef.  But I defiantly cook them the exact same way. 

Green Beans:
Frozen Green Beans
Garlic Cloves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Seasoning

I don't measure when I cook.  I just add a little of this and a little of that.  I put approximatly 2 TBS of EVOO into a Large pan with some crushed garlic cloves.  Place the frozen green beans on top and let it cook for a few minutes without stirring.  After a few minutes I stir it until it's hot.  Make sure not to cook them too long you want them to stay crisp.  After they are done I season them with my favorite seasoning Johnny's Garlic Spread and Tony's seasoning.  I love the garlic because it's a blend of different kinds of seasonings and the Tony's too but has a kick to it.  I use both of the seasoning on so many things from soups, to pasta, to potatoes.  I love this stuff.  My husband has always hated green beans and loved these.  Like I said he said they were a 10.  He also said he always thought green beans were gross until I cooked them and the best part about it my 3 year old LOVES them too!  He was eating them like popcorn!  And another plus NO BUTTER!!! They still are healthy with great taste!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment